What is Multiple Sclerosis?
Multiple sclerosis refers to a potentially disabling disease of the central nervous system i.e. the spinal cord and brain. In this disease, the immune system of an individual attack his/her myelin i.e. protective sheath covering various nerve fibers and creates communication problems between different parts of the body with the brain. Eventually, the problem may cause deterioration or permanent damage to the nerves. Multiple sclerosis does not have any proper cure; instead, the available treatment options, including medication for sclerosis focus on speedy recovery from various attacks, modification of the disease courses and proper management of symptoms.
Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
Until now, the exact cause of multiple sclerosis is unknown among neurologists. However, a few of the experts consider MS as an autoimmune type of disease, where the immune system of individual attacks his/her own tissues. Thus, the immune system malfunction takes place in MS destroys myelin i.e. a fatty substance responsible to coat and protect various nerve fibers present in the spinal cord and the brain. Myelin is analogous to insulation coats present on various electrical wires. Whenever the protective myelin creates any damage and exposes the nerve fiber, messages traveling across the respective nerve become slow or block. Even the nerve may cause damage to itself.
Read more: Buy tapentadol online.
Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
People suffering from multiple sclerosis often experience symptoms for the first time between 20years and 40years age. In most of the cases, the symptoms become better but in others, they often return, because of which they require treatment and medication for sclerosis. Furthermore, no two individuals have the same type of symptoms. Indeed, signs and symptoms related to MS vary widely and even depend on the extent of nerve damages as well as affected nerves. A few individuals with MS in severe form may lose their ability to walk in an independent way or completely, while others experience a remission period for a long time without any new symptom. However, in most of the cases, multiple sclerosis has the following common symptoms include-
- Weakness or numbness in limbs, which takes place typically on a particular side of the body at a specified time or the trunk and legs
- Complete or partial vision loss, often in one eye at a specified time. In some cases, one faces pain while moving their eyes.
- A prolonged double vision problem
- Pain or tingling in different parts of the body
- Sensations of electric shock, which takes place with specific neck movements, particularly, while bending one’s neck in the forward direction
- Unsteady gait, lack of coordination and tremor
- Slurred speech
- Problems related to the function of bladder and bowel.
Treatment to Cure Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment options available for multiple sclerosis depend on specific symptoms as well as the level of difficulties faced by an individual. These include-
Treatment to Avoid MS Symptoms Relapse
Treatment to avoid relapsing of MS symptoms with the help of steroid medication for sclerosis, according to which-
- A 5-day treatment course, in which you have to intake steroid tablets at home
- Alternatively, you have to visit the nearby hospital or clinic to take steroid medication injections for 3days to 5days.
Steroids are helpful in speedy recovery from any relapse. However, they fail to prevent further relapses or to stop your MS to become worse with time.
Treatment to Deal with Specific MS Symptoms
Your doctor may advise you to intake amantadine associated with the mediation for sclerosis and simultaneously, to follow general advice to manage your fatigue conditions, such as healthy sleep patterns, exercise, and techniques to save energy.
Visual problems caused due to MS improve on own and that too within only a few weeks. Hence, you do not require any treatment. However, in case of severe symptoms, doctors prescribe you steroids, as they help in speedy recovery. In addition, in the case of involuntary eye movements, doctors recommend you gabapentin medicine.
Neuropathic pain takes place due to damage of the nerves and it is often stabbing and sharp. It even takes place as an extreme level of skin sensitivity as well as a burning sensation. Doctors recommend for carbamazepine or gabapentin for curing the problem.
Alternative Methods to Cure/Manage Multiple Sclerosis
Along with medication for sclerosis, you should follow a few alternative methods to manage your multiple sclerosis symptoms. These include-
- Positive attitude to ease the stress level and give you better feelings
- Physical exercises to reduce your stress give relaxation and boost your energy levels, flexibility, and balance.